Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Next steps...

I can confirm that finding out one's second post is no less exciting than the first time. Jeremy called me from work today to tell me that we will be heading to (drum rolllllll) Madagascar in May 2012!! It seems a million years away and then still so soon. We will be here until October 2011 - we are about to begin our second year - I can't believe it!. Then, six short months in DC and then off to one of those places I think I never even really believed existed! Evidently, they eat a lot of rice there. And, it's a consumables post. But, there will be time to consider the food in the future I'm sure. For now, back to good ol' Dominican habichuelas. (happy dance, happy dance, happy dance...for now and for the future)

7 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome!! Congrats. Now you can sing the "I like to move it, move it..." song from the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY!!! Girl, you have some kind of bidding luck (you and Half breed outlaw are my bidding idols)! Many congrats! I hear that is a magical country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That is so cool. So, was your bidding strategy to only pick island nations? How long can you keep this up: Australia, Sri Lanka, Cuba, Fiji....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely weird about the islands. Before we were in the FS we were in Ireland and before that, Japan. Don't know what we will do if we're ever landlocked. Pursue lakes I guess : ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week's State Department Blog RoundUp is up- and you're on it!

    http://bit.ly/9xcXjv

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Can't wait to read about all of the adventures once you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting! Big congratulations to you. Though they probably don't have tacos there, either.

    ReplyDelete