Monday, March 14, 2011

Best Disguised FS Couch

Well, I guess I’m in on the contest. Fantastic FS blogger Zoe, over at Something Edited This Way Comes, has initiated this contest to help us celebrate one of the most consistent aspects of FS life – ugly couches.

So – I’m in. But…don’t hate me…we don’t have to disguise our couch. It’s nice. Like, actually nice. I would buy it for my own home.

Some how, somewhere we ended up with this new edition of the FS couch. I have not seen it in any other home here (from the almost tippy-tippy top of the totem poll to the very, very newest of the most not-senior FSO).

Would you believe it’s the first thing people comment on when they come to our house for the first time? They ask us if we brought it from home. Or, they simply launch into, “How did you get that couch!?” I have seen many a manager (or manager’s spouse) swoon over our sofa/loveseat pair. It’s couch envy. To mark it as ours (at least until we leave) I have jazzed it up with that nice $5 Ikea blanket.

11 comments:

  1. I am deeply, truly impressed! You should get a brocade throw pillow just to make everyone else feel better.... :)

    (but really, I'm just delurking to say I really enjoy your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same couch! I was pleasantly surprised when I got here and saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Smallbits - I am so happy to no longer have to bear in solitude the burden of couch beauty. It's a hard, hard world and it's nice to know we're not alone in explaining why we ended up with this treasure.

    All my couch can say to the rest of you is, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful." : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I'm just glad to know that someone else has the same couch. It gives me hope that my future will be filled with something other than brocade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ISn't the new collection nice? I have one too and am most pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those couches arrived in Beijing as we were leaving. We have the same type of couch in Amman, but in a mustard color. Don't love the color, but it's a big improvement over the old stuff. Someone must be listening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new collection is nice... of course, give it 10 years and we'll be griping again ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are my favorite couches - some friends got those in Beijing and I was jealous! Here in Amman, we have the same style, but a mustard color, so not quite as nice...

    ReplyDelete
  9. From the looks of things, seems you are deep into Central American culture.

    ReplyDelete