Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chili's...just kidding...kinda'

Today in the car on the way home from work we saw a sign announcing that Chili’s will be coming to the Blue Mall (the Blue Mall is one of the many, many malls here that just scream money laundering…but that’s another story). We kinda’ laughed at it. I hate Chili’s. Being from Austin I have no idea why anyone would feel the need to eat there. If you can get actual food that is not from some sort of microwaveable kit…or whatever it is that makes all their food turn out identical from Lubbock to Lisbon…why would you eat it?

Anyway, can I tell you the depth of sadness that exists from the brief moment when I was like, “Mmmm chicken strips with honey mustard sauce.” And Jeremy said, “Nachos.” We suck. It’s so gross. Will we? Won’t we? Only time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. You know you want to! Just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm posted to Paris, where the food is nothing to complain about. We recently made the trip to the base in Ramstein, Germany (5 hours away) and GORGED ourselves on not just Chili's, but Taco Bell. I'm not sure I'd ever eaten at a Chili's in the States and haven't been to a Taco Bell in years, but when the opoprtunity for a taste of home presents itself...

    ReplyDelete