Thursday, May 6, 2010

Branching Out

WOW - where to begin? So, I have been kind of silent the past week…or really, completely silent. I have had a busy week. A week that is certainly going to affect my blogging, my cooking and my eating. I now have a job!

How I came to have said job is really kind of a long and complicated story. I am still a little bit overwhelmed that it happened. I'll be busy. It's full-time and I will be traveling a couple of days per week. Does it say something about how much I have come to feel like For Lack of Tacos is part of my identity that some of my thoughts after I accepted the position were, "Ooo, local food to try in really local ways!" and "I bet I will get some great photos of fruit!"?

I start on Monday. The reason I was so busy the past week is because this was not the only job for which I had applied and one of the jobs required a lot of testing and coordinating and interviewing, all of which seemed to happen at once.

Now, back to food. What's to come of For Lack of Tacos? I'm not sure. I'll keep blogging, but it will be different I know. I won't have my leisurely mornings to walk the dog, do yoga and bake/cook before the boys come home. But, the rickety fruit stands with colorful vendors will only increase I'm sure. And, I will be doing habichuelas (beans) and arroz like there's no tomorrow on my visits to the campo so my boredom with Dominican food may change as I try new….types of beans? Maybe? Well, who knows about that one. For now, I'm not going anywhere. And, I kind of feel a new sense of energy and have a new perception about blogging. So, we'll see. We. Will. See.





9 comments:

  1. A thousand Congratulations to you! That sounds like a phenomenal opportunity - I'm so excited for you!!

    Life does, indeed, turn out exactly the way it's supposed to, and I'm so thrilled to watch as it does! Blessings to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great job! I'm jealous. Well, sort of. Not sure I want to work again for a while.
    Just keep those posts about random tropical fruits coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds fantastic! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I look forward to hearing more about what you'll be doing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you. I hope you continue to blog, for selfish reasons, of course. Even if it is frequent, it is always good to hear what other spouses are up to. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Friday, and it’s the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup’s Three Month Blogiversary - and you're on it!

    Here is the link:

    http://bit.ly/azzT3n

    (If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Will love to read about your new job, if you are able to write about it. How rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Congratulations. What a great opportunity - sounds like it's a good fit for you. Yes, please don't stop the blog. Food-centric + Foreign Service = a great read. And what a great way to see more of the DR and explore more food. Good luck with your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete